(in-person or online!)
About our lessons:
Jane is a patient and dedicated teacher who enjoys teaching both young children and adults of all standards.
You'll need to bring your own violin to classes, so if you need any recommendations of where to purchase/rent just let us know.
What lesson length is right for me?
Our private lessons are offered in the following duration:
What can I expect from my first lesson?
- Our director, Anna, will be in touch with you to set-up your first lesson and you'll receive a text message reminder the day-before. If you require assistance for purchasing or renting an instrument, please ask and she can provide a list of trusted contacts.
- At the first lesson, your friendly tutor will ask about your previous experience and what has inspired you to play. After the tutor has gauged what level and style of music you'd like to play, they will open a method book and trial a few different pieces with you. If the book is a good fit for you, you are welcome to purchase it after the lesson (depending our available stock). Method books are range in cost$20-35 and will last for approximately a year (depending on how fast your progress, you could be finished within 6 months!). We encourage all students to also complete a weekly 2 pages homework from a theory book ($30-40) to ensure you develop a thorough understanding of the music you are playing
- Our lessons environment is very relaxed and enjoyable. We encourage weekly practice, but we understand that life can get very busy too (especially if you are a working professional!).
- Parents are always welcome to sit-in each lesson with their child (especially helpful for understanding the weekly at-home activities), although most prefer to sit in the waiting room outside. Please ask the tutor if you'd like colouring activities for younger siblings.
- If you'd like to continue with classes, please send our Director an email and this will be arranged. You are welcome to pay by term invoice (if you start mid-term, you only pay for the remaining classes of the term), or fortnightly direct debits (scheduled through Ezidebit).
Book your trial lesson here:
Frequently Asked Questions:
Do I require my own violin?
Yes, you'll need to bring your own violin to lessons. Don't worry if you don't own one yet, we can help advise you on good options to buy or rent (new and second-hand).
Violin lessons for adults?
Yes, we teach adult learners of all ages and abilities! We'll cover all the fundamentals of violin with you and will work together to play your favourite pieces.
Kids violin lessons?
Violins are available in all sizes (the smallest is called a One-Sixteenth size violin and can be played by a 3 or 4 year old). We prefer to start children on violin when they are age 6+, and recommend general group music classes or piano before then.
Violin lessons near me?
Our studio is located across the street from Gasworks Plaza at Newstead. If you wanted to have lessons at your home, we do offer online lessons too.
Do you provide group lessons for adults or older students?
We are happy to cater for a group lesson if you have a friend or sibling of the same standard. We provide private tuition mostly, and only formally organise group lessons for our 2-4.5yo age group.